The API keys are generated by linking a service to an identity. Follow the steps below to create the API credentials
Note: The API credential must be linked to a single valid identity.
1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click on "Generate an API Credential" from the API Credentials tile.
3. Select an active Service to link the Identity, and click on Continue.
4. Only identity profiles applicable to your chosen service are shown. If there is no identity available, you may need to request a new identity. Select the identity.
5. Add a friendly name (all lowercase letters and numbers only, without spaces) and click on Continue.
6. The API Keys and Credentials are generated.
API Keys are used for logging into the DSS API's. You receive an API Key & Secret, which is used for DSS API login, so that you can use the DSS API's.
1. You may download the API keys after creating the API credentials by following the below guide on creation:
a. Navigate to the API credential sub menu
b. Click generate an API credential
c. Select a valid identity
d. Provide or don't provide a familiar name
e. View success screen where you can download key and secret as a .csv and copy secret to clipboard
Additionally, after this you can retrieve these API keys, by following the below
a. Navigate back to the API credential menu to view your API key card
b. Click on the interaction menu next to the desired API credential card
c. Download API Key & Secret
No, identity must correspond to the selected service for generating API credentials. If no identity is available, a new one must be raised.