Article Purpose: This article provides step-by-step instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in F5.If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
- Create an SSL configuration file using the command:
- After running this command, the BIG_IP will ask that you fill in the following information:
Note: The following characters are not accepted: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ * / \ ( ) ?.,&Country Name (2 letter code): [US]
State or Province Name (full name): [New Hampshire]
Locality Name (city): [Portsmouth]
Organization Name (company): [GlobalSign, Inc.]
Organizational Unit Name (section): [IT]
Common Name (Your name): [www.globalsign.com] (Must be the FQDN - Fully Qualified Domain Name)
Note: DO NOT Enter the following:
- Generate a new certificate request by using the command:
# /usr/local/bin/genkey www.yourdomain.com
Be sure to replace "yourdomain.com" with your Fully Qualified Domain Name/Common Name.
- You will be prompted to enter your company information a second time. Fill in the necessary information as listed in Step 2 and leave the same areas blank.
- The CSR will be stored in the following:
/config/bigconfig/ssl.crt/Fully Qualified Domain Name. crt
- Copy the entirety of the CSR. Be sure to include the beginning and end tags: