IntroductionThis article will walk you through initializing your Safenet Token. This is a requirement when you first set up your token. It may also be used in the event you forget the password to your token.
Warning: Initializing your token will delete all certificates off the token. If you have existing certificates on the USB token, they will be removed permanently and will have to be reissued.
- Have a Safenet USB Token. This is mailed when you order a PDF Signing or EV Code Signing certificate.
- Have the Safenet Authentication Client installed.
- Open the SafeNet Authentication Client Tools.
- Click the Gear Icon on the top right for Advanced View:
- Right click your token (may be named differently) and click Initialize Token...:
- Choose Configure all initialization settings and policies:
- Create a new password for your token. Note: The default password is 1234567890.
Un-check the box Token password must be changed on first logon.
- Click OK to acknowledge that all current token contents will be deleted.
- Click OK to when the process is completed.
Your Safenet token is ready to have a certificate installed.