Article Purpose: This article provides step-by-step instructions for signing and encrypting email messages in Lotus Notes 8.5 using a PersonalSign certificate. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
Enable Certificate in Lotus Notes
- Select File > Security > User Security.
- On the left-hand panel expand Your Identity. Select Your Certificates.
- On the right-hand side select Get Certificates > Import Internet Certificates.
- Navigate to your PKCS#12 file which you either downloaded or exported from your browser.
- Select and Open your PKCS#12 file.
- Select PKCS#12 Encoded and click Continue.
- Enter the password entered during export. Click OK.
- Click Accept All.
- Click OK. The certificate should now appear in Your Internet Certificate drop down menu.
Using the Digital ID
To use the digital ID as you send and receive e-mail from Lotus Notes 8.5:
- Browse to File > New > Message.
- Select Delivery Options. Choose to Sign, Encrypt, or both.
Note: When encrypting an email the person receiving the email will need your public key.