This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to enable IE compatibility in Microsoft Edge. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
How to enable IE compatibility mode in Microsoft Edge:
- In Microsoft Edge (version 77 or higher), bring up the menu with the three dots in the top right corner.
- Open "Settings".
- Navigate to the "Default Browser" option in the menu on the left.
- Enable "Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode" (so that the toggle turns blue).
- Restart the browser.
Note: This may be significantly more difficult for businesses where Microsoft Edge is administered by corporate policies. In this case, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edge-ie-mode-policies.
How to issue a certificate in IE compatibility mode in Microsoft Edge:
- Open the pick-up link as in Microsoft Edge.
- Provide an order number (case sensitive) or click Search to view all orders.
For AATL or CodeSigning:
- Bring up the menu by clicking the three dots in the top right corner.
- Go to "More tools".
- Select "Reload in Internet Explorer Mode", the red error message should not be displayed anymore:
Proceed with the installation as usual:
- For in-browser installation (PersonalSign, Standard CodeSigning): https://support.globalsign.com/personal-sign-email/browser-installation-client-certificates Important: Mark the certificate as exportable with private key during installation!
- For eToken installation (AATL, EV CodeSigning, Qualified Certificates): https://support.globalsign.com/qualified-certificates/download-and-install-aatl-or-qualified-certificate-electronic-sealssignatures.
How to export a certificate from Microsoft Edge (not applicable for Token products):
Note: The current guide only explains how to export from IE itself: https://support.globalsign.com/digital-certificates/digital-certificates-life-cycle/export-client-digital-certificate-internet-explorer-cer.
- From the search bar, bring up "Internet Options". This will bring up the same menu as is done in Step 1 of the above guide:
- Follow the remaining steps as described in the above guide.