Article Purpose: This step-by-step article provides instructions for using your certificate in Outlook 2003. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
After installing your certificate in Windows, it will be available for use in Outlook. To use your certificate in Outlook 2003, do the following:
- On the Outlook menu bar, choose Tools > Options:
- Click on the Security tab followed by Settings...
Note: If pressing Settings opens up a “Welcome to E-Mail Security” setup Wizard, you have not yet imported your certificate into Internet Explorer. Follow these instructions and then return to this page.
- Here you can define default and alternate security settings.
Begin by entering a Security Settings Name for your default settings and click on the Choose button across from Signing Certificate.
- Select the certificate you intend to use for signing emails.
If you are unsure of which to use, press View Certificate to see a full overview:
- When you find the certificate you want to use select it and click OK.
- The certificate will now be added to both the Signing Certificate and Encryption Certificate box for this security setting. You can change the encryption and/or hash algorithms if desired.
Note: If you wish to change your Encryption Certificate, you can do so by clicking Choose next to Encryption Certificate and follow the procedure to select the desired certificate.
- Click OK to save the new security settings.