Article Purpose: This article provides step-by-step instructions for installing a PKCS#12 file in Linux Ubuntu using Firefox. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
Note: Before installation in Firefox it is recommended that you have set up the Firefox Master Password. This can be done in the Security settings under Preferences.
- Open Firefox. Click Edit > Preferences.
- Click Options > Advanced > Encryption. Click View Certificates.
- Select the Your Certificates tab. Click Import.
- Browse for and select your PFX file. Enter the password.
- Click OK.
- The certificate is now installed and can be used for network or secure web site client authentication.