Article Purpose: This article provides step-by-step instructions for installing your certificate in Microsoft Exchange 2003. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
Install Your SSL Certificate
- Open Internet Information Services Manager or the custom MMC containing the Internet Information Services snap-in.
- Browse to the web site you have a pending certificate request on.
- Right-click on the site. Click Properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- Under the Secure Communications section click Server Certificate.
- The Web Server Certificate Wizard will apear. Click Next.
- Choose Process the Pending Request and Install the Certificate. Click Next.
- Type in the location of the certificate response file (you may also browse to the file). Click Next.
- Read the summary screen to be sure that you are processing the correct certificate. Click Next.
- Click Finish on the confirmation screen.
- Using the Internet Services Manager open the properties for the Exchange virtual directory.
- Select the Directory Security tab. Click the Edit button in the Secure Communications section.
- In the Secure Communications dialogue box check the box Require Secure Channel (SSL). OWA is now configured to require SSL.
- Users must now enter the url as https://www.yourdomain.com/exchange, making sure to include the "s" after "http". If the "s" is not included users will receive an "HTTP 403.4 - Forbidden: SSL required Internet Information Services" error message.