Using the Approver Email to perform Domain Verification
Article Purpose: This article provides a step-by-step instructions on how to verify domain ownership using the Approver Email Verification Method. This method is ideal for customers who have access to email for their domain registered contacts or can receive email at a set of predefined domain mailboxes such as, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. If this is not the domain verification method you are looking for, please go here to view all options.
Note: This method is applicable to
- Issuance of DomainSSL (DV) and AlphaSSL certificates
- Adding SANs to CloudSSL certificates
- Adding OV domains to your MSSL account
CA/B Forum Changes
The CA/B Forum has specified that the email link can be used for a maximum of 30 days only, after which, you need to cancel and reorder the certificate.
Using Email Approval for issuance of a DV Certificate
Please follow the instructions below to complete the Approver Email Verification Method:
- Start the ordering process within your GlobalSign Certificate Center (GCC) Account to order the SSL- Certificate.
- Under the Domain Verification page, choose the Approver Email Verification Method. Navigate to Approver Email option, then, select any of the email addresses listed to continue with this type of domain verification.
- Once the purchase has been successful, an email will be sent to the selected email address containing the link with the random value for the approver page.
- Click the link contained in the email and follow the instructions.
- The domain has now been successfully verified and the certificate will be issued. An email will be sent to you confirming the order has been completed with the details of your certificate.
1. Ballot 169 - Revised Validation Requirements