The following article provides step-by-step instructions for signing a PDF document using Foxit Reader.
- You will require a digital certificate such as an AATL Certificate to complete this signing process.
- The AATL Certificate should be installed on a Safenet USB Token.
- The SafeNet USB Token should be plugged into the machine where you are applying the signature.
- Open the PDF document you want to sign using Foxit Reader.
- Navigate to the Protect tab and click the Sign & Certify button as shown below.
- Click the Place Signature button.
- Select the area where you would like to place the digital signature. Note: Make sure your Safenet USB Token is plugged in and ready to use.
- A new window will appear as shown below which will display your digital signature details. Click Sign to proceed.
- Save the newly signed PDF document by clicking the Save button.
- To check if the signature has been successfully applied, open the PDF document and you will see the signature as shown below.
- Click the signature to check its status.
- You now have digitally signed a PDF document using Foxit Reader.