The following article will walk you through downloading and installing your Code Signing Certificate. At the completion of this procedure your certificate will be ready to place signatures on drivers, executables, and other files. Note: If you've already downloaded your certificate, please refer to the instructions listed below:
- You will need a SafeNet USB Token. This will be mailed to you when you place your order.
- Download and install SafeNet Authentication Client drivers.
- Plug in and initialize your USB token. The default password is 1234567890.
- Add GlobalSign to your trusted sites.
- For certificate pickup, you must have access to a Windows PC and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Once the certificate is installed on the USB token, you may sign from other platforms such as OS X.
Download & Install
- Once your order has been approved, vetted, and you have your USB token initialized, open the Certificate Download Ready email, and launch the pickup link using Internet Explorer.
- Enter the Temporary Pickup Password that was set at the time of ordering as shown below. Click Next to continue.
- Click Yes when prompted to allow digital certificate operations.
- To install on a SafeNet USB token provided by GlobalSign, select eToken Base Cryptographic Provider.
Check the box to agree to the subscriber agreement and then click Next.
- Enter the password for your USB token. This was set during the initialization process.
- The screen may appear to freeze for a minute or two, do not press the back button on your browser. You should see the light on your USB token blinking. Eventually you will see a message to wait for a while as shown below.
- Once the token has finished the keypair generation, click the Install My Certificate button.
- Again, click Yes to allow digital certificate operations.
- Finally, click OK when you get the Install Success message.
- Now, you're ready to use your certificate. Please refer to the guidelines listed below on how to use it.