Article Purpose: This article provides step-by-step instructions for installing your certificate in Internet Information Services (IIS) 7. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
Please make sure you have completed the following before attempting to install your certificate:
- After receiving your SSL certificate save it to your server with a ".crt" extension.
- Open IIS 7.
- Click Start.
- Select Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
- Start Internet Services Manager.
- Click Server Name.
- From the center menu double-click Server Certificates in the Security section.
- Select the Actions menu from the right. Click Complete Certificate Request.
- The Complete Certificate Request wizard will appear. Enter the location and name of the SSL certificate you saved to your server earlier and then enter a "Friendly Name". Click OK.
- From the Connections menu in the main IIS Manager window select the name of the server to which the certificate was installed.
- Under Sites select the site to be secured with SSL.
- From the Actions menu click Bindings.
- In the Site Bindings window click Add.
- In the Add Site Bindings window choose https under Type. The IP address should be the IP address of the site or All Unassigned. The Port should be 443. The SSL Certificate field should specify the certificate that was installed previously.
- Click OK.
- Restart IIS to complete the installation of your certificate.