The following article will walk you through downloading and installing your EV Code Signing Certificate. At the completion of this procedure your Certificate will be ready to place signatures on drivers, executables, and other files.
Note: You may use your own smart card as an alternative to the USB token offered by GlobalSign. If you are using your own smart card, you will only need to meet prerequisite #4 below:
- You will need a SafeNet USB Token. This will be mailed to you when you place your order.
- Download and install SafeNet Authentication Client drivers.
- Plug in and initialize your USB token. The default password is 1234567890.
- Add GlobalSign to your trusted sites.
- For Certificate pickup, you must have access to a Windows PC and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Once the Certificate is installed on the USB token, you may sign from other platforms such as OS X.
Download & Install
- Once your order has been approved, vetted, and you have your USB token initialized, open the pickup link from your pickup e-mail in Internet Explorer.
- Enter the Temporary Pickup Password that was set at the time of ordering.
- Click Yes when prompted to allow Digital Certificate operations.
- To install on a SafeNet USB token provided by GlobalSign, select:
eToken Base Cryptographic Provider.
Check the box to agree to the subscriber agreement and click Next.
- Enter the password for your USB token. This was set during the initialization process. Note: The default password is 1234567890.
- The screen may appear to freeze for a minute or two; do not press the back button on your browser. You should see the light on your USB token blinking. Eventually you will see a message to wait for a while.
- Once the token has finished the keypair generation, click the button to Install My Certificate.
- Again click Yes to allow Digital Certificate operations.
- Finally, click OK when you get the Install Success message.
Click Here to Read our Support Guide on using EV Code Signing to Sign with.