Download and Install Standard Code Signing Certificate
The following article will walk you through downloading and installing your Code Signing Certificate. At the completion of this procedure your Certificate will be ready to place signatures on drivers, executables, and other files. Note: If you've already downloaded your Certificate, please refer to the instructions listed below:
- Code Signing for Windows 7 and 8
- Code Signing In Java
- You should use one of the following for storing the Code Signing private key material offline:
- A Trusted Platform Module (TPM) that generates and secures a key pair that can document the Subcriber's private key protection through a TPM key attestation.
- A hardware crypto module with a unit design form factor certified as conforming to at least FIPS 140 Level 2, Common Criteria EAL 4+, or equivalent.
- Another type of hardware storage token with a unit design form factor of SD Card or USB token (not necessarily certified as conformant with FIPS 140 Level 2 or Common Criteria EAL 4+).
- Add GlobalSign to your trusted sites.
- For Certificate pickup, you must have access to a Windows PC and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Once the Certificate is installed and stored on the removable device, you may sign from other platforms such as OS X.
Download & Install
- Once your order has been approved, vetted, open the Certificate Download Ready email, and launch the pickup link using Internet Explorer.
- Enter the Temporary Pickup Password that was set at the time of ordering as shown below. Click Next to continue.
- Click Yes when prompted to allow digital certificate operations.
- Check the box to agree to the subscriber agreement and then click Next.
- Click the Install My Certificate button. The Certificate will now be installed into the Microsoft Certificate Store.
- Again, click Yes to allow digital certificate operations.
- Finally, click OK when you get the Install Success message.