This guide outlines the download and install steps for the following:
- Adobe Approved Trust List (AATL) Certificate
- Qualified Certificate for Electronic Seal
- Qualified Certificate for Electronic Signature
Note: You may use your own smart card as an alternative to the USB token offered by GlobalSign. If you are using your own smart card, you will need to meet prerequisite #5 below:
- You will need a SafeNet USB Token. This will be mailed to you when you place your order.
- Download and install SafeNet Authentication Client drivers. Note: For renewals, it's not necessary to reinstall Safenet drivers. However, we recommend verifying that you are using the latest Safenet driver available in the link above.
- Plug in and reset the password. The default password is 1234567890.
- For Qualified Certificates, the correct Qualified Signature Creation Device (QSCD) which is the Safenet eToken 5110 cc should be used. Note: The Qualified Certificate is only compatible with the indicated token.
- Add GlobalSign to your trusted sites.
- For certificate pickup, you must have access to a Windows PC and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Once the certificate is installed on the USB token, you may sign from other platforms such as OS X.
Download & Install
- Once your order has been approved, vetted, and you have your USB token initialized, open the pickup link from your pickup e-mail in Internet Explorer.
- Enter the Temporary Pickup Password that was set at the time of ordering:
- Click Yes when prompted to allow digital certificate operations.
- To install on a SafeNet USB token provided by GlobalSign, select:
eToken Base Cryptographic Provider.
To install on a smart card provided by you or your company, select:
Microsoft Base Smart Card Crypto Provider.
- Check the box to agree to the subscriber agreement and click Next.
- Enter the password for your USB token. This was set during the initialization process.
- The screen may appear to freeze for a minute or two; do not press the back button on your browser. You should see the light on your USB token blinking. Eventually you will see a message to wait for a while as shown below.
- Once the token has finished the keypair generation, click the button to Install My Certificate.
- Again click Yes to allow digital certificate operations.
- Finally, click OK when you get the Install Success message.