This article provides step-by-step instructions for creating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in Internet Information Services (IIS) 10. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
You can watch the following video for a tutorial.
Note: These instructions are applicable to all previous versions, from version 7 and up.
1. Open IIS
2. Select the server that you want to create the CSR on
3. Double click Server Certificates
4. Click Create Certificate Request
5. Fill out ALL fields to make a request and click Next
Note: If you are ordering DomainSSL or AlphaSSL, please be aware that all these fields will be removed except Common Name.
6. Select the Cryptographic Service Provider, this automatically chooses Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider
7. Choose bit length which should be greater than 1024 and click Next.
8. Specify where you want to save the CSR file and click Finish
9. Locate your CSR file from the path where you saved it
10. Open the file on a notepad and submit it to GlobalSign.