API Credentials FAQs
Sep 25, 2023
API Credentials FAQs
FAQ and Guides
How do I generate API credentials?
In order to generate API credentials, please ensure that you have an active identity and a corresponding active service.
- Log in to the Atlas website.
- Go to the dashboard, and then under Access Credentials, click on API Credentials.
- Click the Generate an API Credential button located on the upper right corner of the window.
- Select the desired method of API key generation.
- Two available methods are:
View and Copy: The system would provide you with an API key and secret to copy to your clipboard. You may also download them in .csv format.
Encrypted File: This option provides additional security. You would be providing a public key that we’ll use to create an encrypted file. The file can then be downloaded.
- Enter in the required details and download your key and secret in .csv or.enc format. For more details, go to Generate API Credentials.
What are the API keys used for?
API Keys are used for logging into APIs of approved Identities and active subscriptions. You would generate an API Key and Secret from the ATLAS portal, which will be used for API login.
What happens to the API credentials when the linked service subscription has expired?
You will be unable to sign as the subscription has expired. You will still be able to use your API credentials, however, you will need to renew your subscription to use the service.
When a service subscription is renewed, will the API credentials be automatically renewed?
Your API credentials will remain the same, however, you will need to renew your subscription to use the service.
Can I rename my API Credential?
No, once a Credential has been created, the name cannot be changed.
How can I change the associated service and identity for my existing API Credential?
- Click on the 3 dots in the top-right corner of the desired API Credential.
- Click on View/Change Associations on the interaction menu next to the desired API credential card.
- Click on the button CHANGE THIS SERVICE.
Why do I need API Credentials?
API Keys are used for logging into the APIs. You will receive an API Key and Secret, which are used for the service API login.
How to manage API credentials?
- Log into ATLAS.
- On the left-side menu, go to Access Credentials, and then click API credentials.
- Hover the mouse over the active credential. Three dots (or an ellipsis) appear in the upper-right corner of the credential.
- Click on the ellipsis and select the desired action. The available options are Revoke Credential and View/Change Associations.
- Revoke Credential will remove the credential from the portal.
- Click View/Change Associations will change the service linked to the credentials.
How to generate Key Pair and decrypt RESTful API Credentials?
Find it here: https://support.globalsign.com/atlas/atlas-portal-digital-signing-service/api-key/how-decrypt-restful-api-credentials