Article Purpose: This article provides step-by-step instructions for reissuing your SSL Certificate in the GlobalSign Certificate Center (GCC). If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
If you lose your private key and cannot install your SSL Certificate you can receive a new certificate free of charge by following the steps below. This reissue guide is focused on people who have ordered certificates by creating their own CSR file. AutoCSR users do not need to create a new CSR.
- Log into your GlobalSign Certificate Center (GCC) account. In the SSL Certificates tab click the Find Order icon or the Search Order History link in the left column.
- Provide an order number (case sensitive) or click Search to view all orders.
- Select the Edit button next to the certificate details.
- On the next page, select the Reissue Certificate button from the top of the page.
Note: If you do not have the Reissue Certificate button available to you,there may be a more recent order that has already been reissued or had SAN options added.
- You will see the option to select how you want to reissue your certificate. Select the button that says, Yes, I Already Have a CSR and Will Paste It Into the Input Box Below (default).
- Paste your new CSR into the text area and click Continue.
- Select the signing algorithm of the certificate and click Continue.
- Check the CSR details and click Continue.
- Your reissue order is now created. Next, you will receive an e-mail with the text of your new certificate. If you use the Auto-CSR option, you can login to your GCC account to retrieve the certificate, you will also receive an email notification that contains the guidelines in Downloading Auto-CSR Generated Certificate.
NOTE: Each time you reissue your certificate, a new order number is created. Repeating steps 1 & 2 will bring up an updated list of orders including your reissued certificate. It should be the most recent one on the list. If you need to perform additional reissues of the same certificate, it must always be done from the latest iteration of your certificate. When you reissue your SSL Certificate it will not affect the original certificate which will remain fully functional unless revoked.