How To Reissue an SSL Certificate
This article provides step-by-step instructions for reissuing your SSL Certificate in the GlobalSign Certificate Center (GCC). If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
Note: If you lose your private key and cannot install your SSL Certificate you can receive a new Certificate free of charge by following the steps below.
- Log into your GlobalSign Certificate Center (GCC) account. Under the SSL Certificates tab (or under the Managed SSL tab) click the Search Order History link.
- Provide an order number (case sensitive) or click Search to view all orders.
- Select the Edit button next to the Certificate details.
- On the next page, select the Reissue Certificate button from the top of the page.
Note: If you do not have the Reissue Certificate button available to you, there may be a more recent order that has already been reissued or had SAN options added.
- You need to input your CSR in the box as shown below and click Continue.
Please note: the CSR must contain the exact same information used on the original order, meaning CSR information cannot be changed with a reissue.
- Select the signing algorithm of the Certificate and click Continue.
- Check the CSR details and click Continue.
- Your reissue order is now created. Next, you will receive an e-mail with the text of your new Certificate.
NOTE: Each time you reissue your Certificate, a new order number is created. Repeating steps 1 & 2 will bring up an updated list of orders including your reissued Certificate. It should be the most recent one on the list. If you need to perform additional reissues of the same Certificate, it must always be done from the latest iteration of your Certificate. When you reissue your SSL Certificate it will not affect the original Certificate which will remain fully functional unless revoked.