This article provides step-by-step instructions for renewing an SSL certificate, such as a DomainSSL or OrganizationSSL certificate. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
To start the Renewal Process log into your GlobalSign Certificate Center (GCC) account. Once you have logged into your account please follow the instructions below:
- Select the SSL Certificates tab as shown belo.
- Select Upcoming Renewals, Search Order History, or Find Order to look up the certificate you are looking to renew. In this example Find Order was selected.
- Click Search to display all of your SSL certificates.
- Click Renew next to the certificate you are renewing.
- The process will now walk you through the purchasing process for the certificate. Complete the Product Details including the product type, any promotional codes you have to use, and select the validity period. Click Continue.
- Provide the Point of Contact information. Click Continue.
- You will need to provide a self-generated CSR on the Enter Your CSR here box as shown below. Click Continue. Note: GlobalSign no longer supports AutoCSR.
- There are three methods for approving your order. If you would like to use email for approving the order then please select an address from the provided list. there are also options for using a website meta-tag or a DNS text record for verifying domain ownership. Instructions for approving your order with meta-tags is available on the support site as well.
- Provide Payment Information. Note: for demonstration purposes a free coupon code was used to process this order. Click Continue.
- Confirm the Certificate Details and accept the Subscriber Agreement. Click Continue.
Once you have approved the order the certificate will be ready for download once it has gone through the vetting process. This varies depending on the type of certificate you have ordered, typically anywhere from one to three business days. Once the vetting process has been completed you will receive an email notifying you that your certificate is ready for pickup.