Article Purpose: This article provides step-by-step instructions for renewing an SSL certificate, such as a DomainSSL or OrganizationSSL certificate. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
To start the Renewal Process log into your GlobalSign Certificate Center (GCC) account. Once you have logged into your account please follow the instructions below:
- Make sure the SSL Certificates tab is selected.
- Select Upcoming Renewals, Search Order History, or Find Order to look up the certificate you are looking to renew. In this example Search Order History was selected in the left-hand menu.
- Click Search to display all of your SSL certificates.
- Click Renew next to the certificate you are renewing.
- The process will now walk you through the purchasing process for the certificate. Complete the Product Details including the product type, any promotional codes you have to use, and select the validity period. Click Continue.
- Provide the Point of Contact information. Click Continue.
- The next step varies depending on whether you will provide a self-generated CSR or not. If you choose the AutoCSR option, it is recommended to write down the private key password that you create. For security purposes, this password is not kept on file. If this password is lost, you must reissue your certificate in order to create a new one. Click Continue.
- There are three methods for approving your order. If you would like to use email for approving the order then please select an address from the provided list. there are also options for using a website meta-tag or a DNS text record for verifying domain ownership. Instructions for approving your order with meta-tags is available on the support site as well.
- Provide Payment Information. Note: for demonstration purposes a free coupon code was used to process this order. Click Continue.
- Confirm the Certificate Details and accept the Subscriber Agreement. Click Continue.
Once you have approved the order the certificate will be ready for download once it has gone through the vetting process. This varies depending on the type of certificate you have ordered, typically anywhere from one to three business days. Once the vetting process has been completed you will receive an email notifying you that your certificate is ready for pickup.