This article provides step-by-step instructions for renewing an SSL certificate, such as a DomainSSL or OrganizationSSL certificate. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
- Starting August 31, 2020, GlobalSign will no longer be issuing SSL/TLS Certificates with a validity period greater than 13 months (397 Days). Check this support article for your reference, 397 Day Maximum TLS Certificate Validity.
- Effective August 31, 2020 when you order a 1 year TLS/SSL Certificate, GlobalSign will automatically provide customers with the maximum validity of 397 days. Essentially, we are providing customers with a 1 year TLS/SSL Certificate plus 30 days bonus automatically. This applies to new and renewal orders, to provide maximum validity for our customers' benefit.
- For "Transfers from a Competitor": We will be removing the "transfer" button from the ordering process since we can no longer provide roll over time.
- For early renewals: Given we can only provide a maximum of 397 days, we recommend renewing within 30 days of expiration to avoid losing any "roll over time." We will continue to allow customers to renew up to 90 days earlier; however, you will only receive a 397 day Certificate. We will also change, renewal email notifications to start at 30 days prior to expiration (instead of 90 days prior to expiration).
To start the Renewal Process log into your GlobalSign Certificate Center (GCC) account. Once you have logged into your account please follow the instructions below:
Select the SSL Certificates tab as shown below.
Select Upcoming Renewals, Search Order History, or Find Order to look up the certificate you are looking to renew. In this example Find Order was selected.
Click Search to display all of your SSL certificates.
- Click Renew next to the certificate you are renewing.
The process will now walk you through the purchasing process for the certificate. Complete the Product Details including the product type, any promotional codes you have to use, and select the validity period. Click Continue.
- Provide the Point of Contact information. Click Continue.
- You will need to provide a self-generated CSR on the Enter Your CSR here box as shown below. Click Continue. Note: GlobalSign no longer supports AutoCSR.
There are three methods for approving your order. If you would like to use email for approving the order then please select an address from the provided list. there are also options for using a website meta-tag or a DNS text record for verifying domain ownership. Instructions for approving your order with meta-tags is available on the support site as well.
Provide Payment Information. Note: for demonstration purposes a free coupon code was used to process this order. Click Continue.
- Confirm the Certificate Details and accept the Subscriber Agreement. Click Continue.
If email verification was chosen as your approval method then you will need to respond to the approval email you will receive after completing the order. If you selected an inaccessible approval email address the email may not be received. Please contact support if you need to change your approval email on the order.
Once you have approved the order the certificate will be ready for download once it has gone through the vetting process. This varies depending on the type of certificate you have ordered, typically anywhere from one to three business days. Once the vetting process has been completed you will receive an email notifying you that your certificate is ready for pickup.