- Open Internet Explorer. Click on the gear icon in the top right-hand corner.
Click Internet Options.
Note: Depending on your Internet Explorer version you may also find this in Tools > Internet Options.
- Click the Content tab. Click Certificates.
- Highlight your Client Digital Certificate you intend to use for FDA submissions.
Note: If you are renewing a certificate, you can differentiate the new certificate from the old one by highlighting a certificate and clicking View. This will bring up the certificate details. The Valid From date will help indicate which certificate was issued most recently.
- The Certificate Export Wizard will start. Click Next.
- Select the No, Do Not Export the Private Key option. Click Next.
- Select the Export File Format options listed below.
- Cryptographic Message Syntax Standard - PKCS#7 Certificates (.P7B)
- Include all certificates in the certificate path if possible.
- Click the Browse
Enter a File Name and click Save.
Note: GlobalSign suggests saving the file in a location where you can easily find such as your desktop or Documents folder.
- On the Certificate Export Wizard window click the Next button to continue with the export.
- Click the Finish button on the following screen to complete the export.
- Export was successful. Press OK
Step 4: Export Public Key - FDA ESG
Export Public Key